Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yea. Noob Need Help.

This topic is 5153 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, Im completely new to this game programming. And when I say "Completely" Hell, I mean it. What program do I need? What languages should I learn? Etc... Could someone possibly make a checklist of things a nooob would have to do before starting his simple game development carrier by making Tetris or sumtin. Or Ill just sit here...and cry...

first of all, yo should learn some programming language:

C++
Visual Basic
Java

i think they''re the most known... and here''s another thing:
if you''re plannning seriously on game programming, you sholud learn C++, but if it''s just for fun you could just learn some VB

after getting it (for c++ i recommend you "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days", it''s a good one!!) then you could learn some DirectX or OpenGL for graphics aceleration...

well, hope that helps...

Guest Anonymous Poster
At the top of this page is a link saying "For Beginners." I suggest you click it.

Take a look at the "For Beginners" Section of Gamedev.net (http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/). There are quite some information regarding the programming language you should choose, or which books you should read.