C++ Error Message that makes no sense

Started by
13 comments, last by ArcticTiger 20 years, 5 months ago
And the standard C++ string header file is <string> not <STRING>.

[ Start Here ! | How To Ask Smart Questions | Recommended C++ Books | C++ FAQ Lite | Function Ptrs | CppTips Archive ]
[ Header Files | File Format Docs | LNK2001 | C++ STL Doc | STLPort | Free C++ IDE | Boost C++ Lib | MSVC6 Lib Fixes ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Advertisement
Are any of you reading what I said?
As long as it compliles on my machine and runs then it doesnt matter!
ok whatever you say

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

Sorry, I didn''t mean to sound rude. I really appreciate the help.
Thankyou :D
I agree that you can use any proprietary extensions that work for you ... and I won''t hold that against you ...

but being INFORMED that they are proprietary is very valuable information ... so now you know, when you take that code elsewhere someday, you will need to run a conversion (I have one in PERL) to change files with #pragma once to #ifndef ...

if this never comes up, it never comes up ... but KNOWING is the key to not wasting hours confused about simple issues ...

just likely the decision about more complicated stuff, such as using POSIX, or pthread, or Win32 threading APIs, the key is not that you pick the one some poster suggests, but that the posters help you know enough to make an informed decision yourself.

I like #ifndef specifically because I use multiple compilers and platforms, if I used only MS, I wouldn''t care so much ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement