Help big big problem with C++ STILL! (at 5 posts)

Started by
13 comments, last by Hekki 20 years, 5 months ago
Help whenever I try to make a program It comes up with somthing bad. for example when i start up Microsoft Visual C++ I go into file, click new, click on the projects tab, click on the win32 4console application, type in the name for it where its says "Project Name" as form1, then i click OK, it ask me what kind of console application i wanna make, i click empty project, then i click ok, THEN i click the "New Text File" button on the very very left, then i type up the code for lets say the Hello World thing, then i press "Go" button on right and then it say "C:\ Program Files\ Microsoft Visual Studio\Myprojects\form1\debug\form1.exe This File Does Not Exist, Would You Like To Build It?" so i click Yes, and then it say "C:\ Program Files\ Microsoft Visual Studio\Myprojects\form1\debug\form1.exe File Not Found" and it only gimme the OK button so I click OK. HEEELP! ------------------------------------------------ in a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 8:24:22 PM] [edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 8:36:05 PM] [edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 9:11:37 PM] [edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 9:35:44 PM] [edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 9:36:27 PM]
---------------------------------------In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Advertisement
Your entering your code into a *.txt file, not into a .cpp file. Go to File > New, then go under the Files tab, and click C++ Source File. Then enter your code in your *.cpp file. Then it will compile.
SWEET THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------
In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
---------------------------------------In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
help... it didnt work... same error... i made a new file... it was a .cpp file... i typed in the code... was i suppose to save it?... i put in the basic tetris code... heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp... heeeeeeelp
Yeah your supposed to save it
ok i saved it and pressed go and now this is what it says in the build thingy: " --------------------Configuration: Tetrees - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Tetrees.cpp
c:\program files\tetrees.cpp(2) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''allegro.h'': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

Tetrees.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)"

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! btw Tetrees = Tetris :D

---------------------------------------
In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You are trying to make tetris and you don''t even know how to work the IDE. How about a hardy RTFM followed by a heart felt LTFL (learn the friendly language).
im confused with all the RTFM and LTFL stuff! aahhhhh, uh what is a RTFM and LTFL?

[edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 9:39:23 PM]
What I am saying is, read the manual (msdn.com, google.com etc.) and learn the language (that is to say C++) before you start trying to make tetris or any other semi-complex program. Books are a good start. Effective C++ or Dietel & Dietel Learn C++ are good for learning the language. To learn the IDE, search MSDN, you should find walk thrus on how to setup a project. I wasn''t trying to flame you, it just sounds like you are putting the cart before the horse. You need to just get a "Hello World" app to compile and run and then move on to something a bit more complex.
Yeah but its not only the tetris, even "Hello World" is messing up, thats why i started the tetris with the .txt instead of .cpp, i was following the directions to Learn C++ in 21 Days, not that its actualy possible, and some other tutorials and i cant program anything without that error popping up

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement