Help big big problem with C++ STILL! (at 5 posts)

Started by
13 comments, last by Hekki 20 years, 5 months ago
You have to install the Allegro library. I don''t know the details of doing that with MSVC though.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Advertisement
Like smart idiot has suggested, you probably didn''t setup allegro to work with your compiler.

Just do a simple console-based hello world program first before jumping into graphics. Judging by the error you''re getting you probably have that allegro.h file included at the top of your source somewhere. Just remove it so it doesn''t look for that file; you have no use for it at this point anyway -- you need to learn the basics first.

The line probably looks something like this -- not sure of the exact name as I don''t use allegro

#include "allegro.h" 

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

quote:Original post by Hekki
Yeah but its not only the tetris, even "Hello World" is messing up, thats why i started the tetris with the .txt instead of .cpp, i was following the directions to Learn C++ in 21 Days, not that its actualy possible, and some other tutorials and i cant program anything without that error popping up

You shouldn''t need allegro for a "hello world" program. Are you sure it''s the same error for the hello world?

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
YES! I got it to say "Hello World"!!!!!! IM A PRO PROGRAMMER! IM GONNA SELL MY "Hello World" PROGRAM AND MAKE MILLIONS!!! ...no im just kidding, but it did work, my very first C++ program is complete! Im so happy. Dude this "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days" is awesome!

[edited by - hekki on November 8, 2003 10:50:52 PM]
---------------------------------------In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
good for you lol

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement