Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2D Rotation

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I do it? I''ve looked all over the net for tutorials on 2D rotation and all I get is complicated trigonometric equations......I sorta know about cos and sin(learned those functions at school). All I ever took in highschool was like basic linear alegebra. I never took trig, physics or any of those advance subjects. Can anyone link me to a helpful web page? A page like "2D rotation for dummies" or "math for newbies" type. I want to learn: How to revolve around a given/imaginary point. How to rotate in-place(axis rotation) for a generic rect or a bitmap. -------------- It''s hard to do it in SDL since a rotated rect cannot be represented by a SDL_Rect. Sucks....... ~~~ Signature: ~~ "Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego) "God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me "Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus

<< Can anyone link me to a helpful web page? A page like "2D rotation for dummies" or "math for newbies" type. I want to learn: How to revolve around a given/imaginary point. >>

My page on "Asteroids Math" gives the formula for 2D rotation of points about the origin....

Asteroids Math

<< How to rotate in-place(axis rotation) for a generic rect or a bitmap. >>

More on 2D or 3D rotation here, it involves Trig so you can''t avoid it....

Rotating Bitmaps

3D Basics including rotation

Phil P