Licencing etc....

Started by
18 comments, last by thedude 20 years, 3 months ago
check out http://www.mingw.org, i use it, its free, and its good.

inlovewithGod.com
Advertisement
If your program uses Win32 stuff, either get the free borland compiler (BCC), or the personal edition of C++ BuilderX, or buy the student version fo Visual Studio 2003 Professional or Borland C++ BuilderX Professional (if you are a student) ...

If it''s not Windows specific, all the suggested compilers work fine (BCC is my favorite for that, but GCC, Dev-C++, MingGW, etc are all fine).
thanx a lot guys, that was a great help! What about Names? can I just call it "An Arkanoid Clone" or do I have to call it something unique?
quote:Original post by thedude
thanx a lot guys, that was a great help! What about Names? can I just call it "An Arkanoid Clone" or do I have to call it something unique?

Just make something up I tend to go to www.dictionary.com and start shoving together words-of-the-day until I get something suitably abstract..

”We hate to see a corporation of this country promote the U.N. when we know that it is an instrument of the Soviet Communist conspiracy.”
—San Francisco Chronicle
Repeat after me:

DEV-C++ IS NOT A COMPILER. IT IS AN IDE THAT USES GCC AS ITS COMPILER.

[edited by - Raloth on November 15, 2003 11:37:29 AM]
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
quote:
Repeat after me:

Repeat after me:

Dev-C++ does not use gcc as its compiler. It uses mingw, the windows port of gcc . Who cares! It's not the end of the world if someone says dev-c++ is a compiler. Getting back on topic, I'd say go with dev-c++. I, personally, use mingw raw-just because It's easier for cross-platform projects. I also have a copy of visual c++ .NET 03 standard, which is nice, but it doesn't optimize your code (which really annoyed me because it costed a $100)

[edited by - brassfish89 on November 15, 2003 8:26:34 PM]
quote:Original post by brassfish89
quote:
Repeat after me:

Repeat after me:

Dev-C++ does not use gcc as its compiler. It uses mingw, the windows port of gcc . Who cares! It''s not the end of the world if someone says dev-c++ is a compiler. Getting back on topic, I''d say go with dev-c++. I, personally, use mingw raw-just because It''s easier for cross-platform projects. I also have a copy of visual c++ .NET 03 standard, which is nice, but it doesn''t optimize your code (which really annoyed me because it costed a $100)

[edited by - brassfish89 on November 15, 2003 8:26:34 PM]

Repeat after me:

Dev-C++ does not use MinGW, it uses MinGW by default.

Okay, sorry about being annoying. In any case, I''m pretty sure that if you go to the a Uni and use a copy of their compiler then it is under a student license and you cannot distribute it.
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
Heh, never mind, I''m sure some day somebody''ll ask me what the default compiler in Dev-c++ is, and i''ll be able to tell ''em!

cya!
quote:Original post by Anozireth
You''ll need to download a good freeware compiler. ... I would suggest Bloodshed Dev C++.
Repeat after me:

Dev-C++ is NOT freeware.
quote:Original post by OrangyTang
quote:Original post by thedude

Just make something up I tend to go to www.dictionary.com and start shoving together words-of-the-day until I get something suitably abstract..

éh? give me an example of that =)

------

Catteeuw Pieter-Paul

------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement