Licencing etc....

Started by
18 comments, last by thedude 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I have just finished my first games project - an Arkanoid Clone. But I coded it in an Introductory version of VC++ 6.0. As a result a little window pops up every time I run my executable saying - "The Terms of the end user licence agreement for Visual C++ Introductory Edition do not permit redistribution of executables you create with this product" - Does this mean I can''t post my game up on the net in order for people to download it? If so, Is there another way round this without having to pay anything? I''m 15 and extremely skint! Thanks. Hugh Osborne
Advertisement
yep you are not allowed to do it, but you can use a free compiler instead just to compile and get rid of this message (+redistribut it legally)

T2k
You''ll need to download a good freeware compiler. There are several around, I would suggest Bloodshed Dev C++. I''m sure other people will have other suggestions as well.
Or use warezzzzed copy.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Or use warezzzzed copy.

Idiot.

And to the OP:
Just use some free compiler. BCC, GCC etc.

"Yeah, I would've killed you, but I'm glad I didn't - the paperwork is a bitch"

[edited by - rohde on November 9, 2003 6:59:43 PM]
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Might want to try Dev-C++.
Jsut ask a friend or anyone who has a full-copy to compile it for you on their machine. Problem solved

Also visit a local university and use one of the PCs in the computer lab, they are sure to have full-copies to run a compile.
"har har har, and a bottle of rum!!"

But apart from that you might want to try and drop by at a local uni or something. They usually have these student licences that allows them to make copies for their students. I don''t know if this stretches to people who want to use it for educational purposes outside their university, but you can give it a try.
STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!
Watcom just went Open Source. That was THE compiler in the early-to-mid 90''s for game development under DOS, but I''m not sure how useful it would be in the Windows world. But it might be worth a look. I think the IDE is even less buggy now than when it was a commercial product.
Borland''s C++ BuilderX is free for personal use, and doesn''t have a non-commercial restriction.

www.borland.com
- Ben
- Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement