Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pocket PC 2003 graphical development

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just got a new Dell Axim x3i with Pocket PC 2003 OS installed on it. I also have Visual Studio 2003 .NET and I have just downloaded the SDKs for developing apps for the pda. Basicly I am wondering if any of you have any experence trying to write a game. I would just like to know what you have tried and how it has worked out. For example some of the options I have noticed for developing apps are... Language Options: Any .NET language (or is it just c#.net and vb.net?), embedded Visual C++, embedded Visual Basic Program options: Full Screen with the top title bar, Full Screen without the top title bar Plus probably a bunch more... I still have more research to do into what I can do as far as graphics go. I havent looked into embedded C++ yet, but I think the .net clr has some basic drawing classes i can use for simple games. So if any of you have messed around with Pocket PC 2003 (or 2002) I''d really like to hear what languages you used, what you used to handled graphics, and how it worked out for you.

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you want to program games use EVC++ and the GAPI (Game API).

Here is a good book for pocket PC games (and general) programming

www.jharbour.com/pocketpc

Guest Anonymous Poster
visit www.pocketmatrix.com , go to forums, there are several dev. forums there (one is general and there''s a forum about gapidraw etc.), tons of usefull informations