Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem w/Game Programming Gurus(Dos) Assembly Code

This topic is 6366 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having a problem w/Compiling the code listings from Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus(Dos not the new windows one) It displays the following messages in the debug window: --------------------Configuration: Fillc - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... Fillc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Fill_Screen Fillc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Set_Mode Debug/Fillc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Fillc.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s) Can anyone tell me what is wrong? BTW I am trying to compile the code and link it to an external assembly function. I don''t own MASM or anything and I am using VC++ 6.0 and the code is for CH 02''s Fill.c

Whoops.. you are trying to use VC++ v6.0 to compile a DOS application. That compiler was built for Windows development only. You have two options.. you can get a Borland C++ for DOS compiler and alter the code a little (which I did) or try and find Visual C++ v1.52 which can compile dos programs.

Good hunting =)

hey Goof Prog, if I get Borland for DOS just exactly how many alterations will I have to make to the code? I am just a newbie and I am kinda intimidated about having to alter all the code in the book. Are the alterations simple or complicated? and is it possible to get Borland for DOS for free somewhere?

Much Appreciated and thx in advance

Corey_M