Problem w/Game Programming Gurus(Dos) Assembly Code

Started by
2 comments, last by Corey_M 23 years, 9 months ago
I am having a problem w/Compiling the code listings from Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus(Dos not the new windows one) It displays the following messages in the debug window: --------------------Configuration: Fillc - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... Fillc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Fill_Screen Fillc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Set_Mode Debug/Fillc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Fillc.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s) Can anyone tell me what is wrong? BTW I am trying to compile the code and link it to an external assembly function. I don''t own MASM or anything and I am using VC++ 6.0 and the code is for CH 02''s Fill.c
Advertisement
Whoops.. you are trying to use VC++ v6.0 to compile a DOS application. That compiler was built for Windows development only. You have two options.. you can get a Borland C++ for DOS compiler and alter the code a little (which I did) or try and find Visual C++ v1.52 which can compile dos programs.

Good hunting =)

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

you should still be able to compile the code, and even switch resolutions with 9x from a windows console application

It looks like you have not included something that defines those two functions. a util.asm or something...
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
hey Goof Prog, if I get Borland for DOS just exactly how many alterations will I have to make to the code? I am just a newbie and I am kinda intimidated about having to alter all the code in the book. Are the alterations simple or complicated? and is it possible to get Borland for DOS for free somewhere?

Much Appreciated and thx in advance

Corey_M

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement