Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture Opinions

This topic is 5151 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am no professional texture artist, so I really don''t know the best way to go about this. Check out my terrain: My question is, I need to draw water which is read in through a RAW file. How should I render the water? Should I do geometric water (which would get extremely tricky when water is on the top of hills), somehow turn the ground texture and water texture into one texture and make a brutalized texture coordinate generation system, or should I do the water texture as a second pass? Here are the problems I see with each of these approaches: Geometric water - NO, I don''t have the time nor does it matter enough to spend time on it. Single texture for ground and water - I don''t have a suitable texture. Two textures, one for ground, one for water - How would I get the places for the water texture that arn''t covered in water to be transparent? Thanks for your help, by the way I need some advice on how to texture that terrain too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.