Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems linking osmesa...

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to use osmesa for offscreen rendering. I wrote a little test programm but got 3 errors: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaDestroyContext error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaMakeCurrent error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaCreateContextExt I am using msvc6 and in the project settings I specify in the "Link"-tab under "Object/Library modules": osmesa.lib (with the correct path). So what am I doing wrong? Sorry if this is a pretty stupid/simple question. Also I was not sure whether I should post it in another forum since it is not directly related to openGL. Thanks

quote:
Original post by Floating
Hi,

I would like to use osmesa for offscreen rendering. I wrote a little test programm but got 3 errors:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaDestroyContext
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaMakeCurrent
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OSMesaCreateContextExt

I am using msvc6 and in the project settings I specify in the "Link"-tab under "Object/Library modules": osmesa.lib (with the correct path).

So what am I doing wrong?
Sorry if this is a pretty stupid/simple question. Also I was not sure whether I should post it in another forum since it is not directly related to openGL.

Thanks

try

#pragma comment(lib,"osmesa.lib")

in your main include file(the one that has or whatever)

Thank you, but that didn''t help either...
Is it possible that something is wrong with my osmesa.lib file? I created it from the source files, maybe I did something wrong?
However if I search that file for the strings _OSMesaDestroyContext, _OSMesaMakeCurrent and _OSMesaCreateContextExt, I can find them!