Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blending to white?

This topic is 5151 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m currently using blending techniques for particle effects. But i''m wondering how do you blend like saturation effects, to brighten the texture the particles are overlayed on? I can only think to use white particles in the centre of the "fire effect" (currently im using mixed colors of red). Is there any way i can get a nice contrast effect? Sorry if im not being clear enough. Peace. Phil Price™: Better than cool - uber cool.

For a nice "glowing" effect it''s usually sufficient to set the colour of your particles to a quite dark orangey colour, say, R=50, G=35, B=15 and blend additively. You''ll have to tweak these colours a bit to look perfect in your app of course.
In the example I''ve given you, a few particles will generate a reddish orange, a few more will make yellow, and a lot of particles will create white, as this is the order the channels will be saturated in. I hope that''s the effect you''re after, if not, sorry for cluttering up your thread.

- JQ