Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevPartner Profiler

This topic is 5147 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I''m using Visual C++ .NET 2002. Since it doesn''t come with a profiler, and I was looking for a good profiler and found this one(DevPartner Profiler Community Edition) mentioned at a few places. I''ve downloaded it, and it seems to work, but I have a problem... when I turn it on, my application slows down from 60 to 1 fps... And in the analysis, it says that 85 percent of the time was spent in WaitMultipleObjectsEx(). Since it only happens when I turn the profiler on, I guess it''s a method the profiler uses. Though it seems very silly for a profiler to take 85% of the time for profiling . Has anyone had any such experiences, does anyone know what to do...? Or can suggest a different profiler(though I''d rather stick with this one if possible ? Thanks. ----------------------------------------------------- It''''s better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven -----------------------------------------------------