Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VC++ debugger weird behaviour

This topic is 5145 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am developing an MFC application with vc++ 6.0. The app should load a vrml model and then a text file with some data regarding the model. The model isn''t always the same one, it is chosen from the final user. Now, the problem is that sometime a memory access violation exception is raised. It occours always with the same models. The weird thing is that when i debug the application (F5), no exception is raised and the app works very nicely, using all the data retrieved from the files (model + informations). So, 1. i know the data are correctly loaded because the app use them; 2. i don''t know where/why the exception is raised since in debug mode everything is ok. Have you any clue/suggestion? Thanks you all, B.

I''ve had situations like that arise. It usually happens when something is time dependent. For your case, the function that loads the model may start a thread and you are trying to manipulate that data before it is actually loaded.