• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shayak

OpenGL opengl libraries

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, what''s the difference between glut, aux and whatever nehe.gamedev.net uses for the tutorials (win32 i think..??). which one should i start out with. i''m an absolute beginner. thanx a lot.

Advertisement
Well, as you should know, glut is basically an opengl wrapper for begginers with opengl. I suggest you get the OpenGL RedBook for better reference, or even spacesimulator.net, which has some nice tuts on glut.
glaux is the name of the library, and it comes with various functions, including the famous one, load a bitmap.
Again, I suggest you start with glut to openGL... it will definitely simplify everthing, and then you could pass to pure gl.

hi,
is this the opengl redbook that you were talking about? http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~unreal/theredbook/
it seems to have its examples done in the opengl auxiliary library. do you still suggest i learn glut first and transfer these examples to glut? i have heard of glut more than aux and so i want to learn that more, but i'm just asking. thanx a lot for replying.

[edited by - shayak on November 11, 2003 1:18:57 AM]

[edited by - shayak on November 11, 2003 1:19:33 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!