Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson 7?

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In the past month I have made great advancements in C++ and have used cone3d tutorials as a great help in teaching me SDL, allowing me to create 2d games. I have made Pong clone, Tetris clone, Space invaders clone and working on a 2d side scroller shooter (using theory behind lesson 6 for scrolling background). As I saw lesson 7 would teach a lot of theory and design I was very much interested. I downloaded the source and had a look through. I am wondering, when is the tutorial due to be finished? Is cone3d still active/updated? I am particularly interested in having a tileset (I think?) like lesson 7 with all available tiles in one bitmap. Or all the states of a ship sprite in one bitmap. Similarly I would also like to know how to go about storing a level/enemies and such for a 2d platformer (which I will soon be attempting mario clones etc). So any news/date set for lesson 7, if at all?