GameDev: Arena Tournament - Round 2

Started by
7 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 5 months ago
Round 2 is complete, with Tailslide and Dustbot taking center stage tomorrow in the Winner''s Bracket while giving Mushu a loss, and Nosfera and LiquidIntell manage to live another day in the Loser''s Bracket. This mean''s tomorrow''s match in the Winner''s Bracket will be:
  • Tailslide (2-0) vs. Dustbot (2-0) And in the Loser''s Bracket:
  • Nosfera (1-1) vs. Mushu (1-1)
  • LiquidIntell (1-1) vs. the Loser of Tailslide vs. Dustbot Eliminated from this competition:
  • Hexagon (0-2)
  • HuBot (0-2) Here''s your new bracket: The matches in Round 2 have gone to a best-of-3 format. Tomorrow''s matches will be in this format as well, but the championship matches will be a best-of-5 format. I don''t have match summaries, as it would take me all night to get those written up, but here is the output from the arena results files for each match: Tailslide defeats HuBot Match 1 Tailslide 100, HuBot 0 2:13 remaining in the match Match 2 Tailslide 72, HuBot 0 2:47 remaining in the match Comments: Despite the late start, Tailslide is proving to be a formidable opponent. HuBot never saw the grenades at his feet. Dustbot defeats Mushu Match 1 Dustbot 61, Mushu 0 2:39 remaining in the match Match 2 Dustbot 17, Mushu 0 2:31 remaining in the match Comments: This match was actually closer than it looks. If Mushu knew how to run away from grenades, then he could still be in the Winner''s Bracket. Dustbot is an excellent combat bot. LiquidIntell defeats Hexagon Match 1 LiquidIntell 75, Hexagon 0 2:40 remaining in the match Match 2 Hexagon 52, LiquidIntell 0 2:14 remaining in the match Match 3 LiquidIntell 43, Hexagon 0 2:36 remaining in the match Comments: Hexagon uses good tactics but doesn''t ''evade the grenade'', which proves to be his downfall. LiquidIntell uses smother tactics with its gun. Nosfera defeats HuBot Match 1 Nosfera 71, HuBot 0 1:58 remaining in the match Match 2 Nosfera 77, HuBot 0 2:37 remaining in the match Comments: Nosfera likes to run away, which is proving to be useful. HuBot put up a good fight, but couldn''t muster enough offense to get Nosfera in trouble. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
    CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
    Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
    Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

• Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
    Rest in peace, HuBot...
    quote:Original post by Khawk
    If Mushu knew how to run away from grenades, then he could still be in the Winner''s Bracket.

He knows how, he just chooses not to.

Good match! I think (based on my pre-tournament scenarios) that Dustbot''s going all the way... but Tailslide is really an unknown...

I''m AFRAID!!!

You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..

There is no spoon image.
    Oh well... can only hope

EDIT: LiquidIntell probably gets to face Tailside again? Oh geez... aaaah!!!

I good you bid evening.

InitGames Software | InitGames Software forums

[edited by - liquidAir on November 11, 2003 4:22:25 AM]
    wuahhhh, i cant believe it, something is wrong, my bot wins in 9 of 10 matches against LiquidIntell, hmm and my bot evades nades (its a bit buggy but he does...), but we will see whats going on when the final submissions are released (me is sceptic)

hmm maybe the after midterm changes have killed my bot, cgrats liquidAir...

T2k
    Strange things are happening in this competition... hmm...
    I''ll admit even I''m surprised.. I did some preliminary tests with your bots to make sure everything was okay, and I expected a different outcome.

It''s kind of neat though how each bot has its own unique style and techniques. It''s making this turn out better than I thought it might.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote:Original post by Khawk:
    It''s making this turn out better than I thought it might.

I''m not sure if we should take that as a compliment..or an insult??? Hmm...
    quote:Original post by Mushu
    quote:Original post by Khawk:
    It''s making this turn out better than I thought it might.

I''m not sure if we should take that as a compliment..or an insult??? Hmm...

Heh, complement. I mean the entire concept of the contest is turning out better than I anticipated.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement