Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motorola's sdk pre-verifying.

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

after compiling, preverifying, and jaring up my midlet for a motorola port i receive an error upon execution. "fatal error: verification failed" or something like that. looking at the examples provided by motorola, it is strange at the order of the build process that motorola is doing. they compile, jar, preverify, and then jar again to extact classes. i always did it slightly different in order: compile, preverify, and jar. anybody with motorola sdk experience please assist me please. thank you.

Which Motorola phone are you using? Also, which version of the JDK are you using? the Motorola may not support newer JDKs. AFAIK, Motorola phones just implement standard MIDP1.0 without any phone specific APIs. I''ve always built apps the way you do and not had any problems. Well, I did find a serious firmware error on the V60i and V66i''s that prevented installation, which I never got a workaround from Motorola. And there''s always the T720''s wonderful 100 byte bug. And odd limits on class sizes.

Skizz

Hey Skizz.

I am pretty much doing what you''d expect, general midp development. I am testing with the ktoolbar which works great in my opinion since its so simple to use and straightforward.

But i need to "port" a final version to various cell phones, one of them being several models from Motorola.
Reason why i need to use their own SDK (or so i''ve been told) is so that i can get access to the phone''s specific ability related to the Canvas - which will ultimately allow me to remove the bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

So far, motorola''s examples does a strange thing of compiling, making a jar, then preverifying. I always though it was compile, preverify, then make a jar. This is all part of the confusion. This is what im guessing where my "fatal error" message is coming from.

RIght now im not trying to port to any specific motorola modell im just trying to get it to run with motorol''as launchpad which has various model emulators to work with.

I have to admit that I''m only using V2.0 of the Motorola SDK (I''m not running XP/2000 so can''t install the new SDKs). I also don''t use ktoolbar (not really sure what that is). As I said before, I just use the command line (via a makefile) to call javac, preverify (one supplied with the Nokia SDK) and jar. That works fine on the above SDKs (and the phones).

Skizz

skizz.

does it matter if i use motorola''s preverifier with a nokia build or vice-versa?

do you see anything wrong here?
specifically, im getting an error, java/lang/Object error, when i try to preverify.

preverify -classpath ..\lib;. -d %CLASSES% %TMPCLASSES%

// i even tried to do this, still doesnt work.
preverify -classpath %LIB%\cldc.zip;%LIB%\lwt.zip;%LIB%\midp.zip; -d %CLASSES% %TMPCLASSES%
[/souorce]

heres the error i get:

Error preverifying class com.blt.BLTBowling.Drawable
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

It should be possible to use any preverifier since the behaviour of the preverifier is defined by Sun (or rather the committee that defines these things). It does some of the work a normal Java VM does that the kVM doesn''t (in order to reduce the resource requirements of the VM).

The motorola docs on LWT do say that it''s only available on devices that have implemented it. Perhaps the device you''re targeting doesn''t have the LWT on it? Try a simple non-LWT "Hello World" app to see if it''s the build process or the LWT library.

Can''t see anything wrong with your parameters to preverify.

Skizz