I cant use Directx

Started by
2 comments, last by Elite19 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I have d/l the dx9 managed sdk and i am having problems. I am working through the tutorials but my code wont compile. I know that my graphics card doesnt support dx9 but people here told me i could still use it. When i run my code i get this error Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. So i debug my code and the error occurs at this line device = new Device(0, DeviceType.Hardware , this, CreateFlags.SoftwareVertexProcessing , pres); and the error it gives me is encountered unhandled exception class Microsoft.Directx.Direct3D.NotAvailableException So this leads me to believe that it has something to do with my crappy card not supporting d3d 9. Is there any way to create a dx 8 device? This might not even be the problem because i am a total noob and just guessing. Anyway, thanks in advance Oh, i have a sis 650 integrated graphics chip with the latest drivers installed.It can play quake 3 nicely and i have had no other graphic problems
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.
Advertisement
Have you got the DX9 runtime installed?
I''m assuming that pres is the present parameters, are they set to ones supported by your card?

---------------------------------------

Let''''s struggle for our dream of Game!

http://andrewporritt.4t.com
Can you post what is in pres ? It could be that you request modes or flags that are not supported by your chip.
Recently there was someone here who had problems with creating a device, it turned out he specified a 32 bit backbuffer, but had a voodoo 3 which only supports 16 bit color.
Its alright, turns out my graphics driver wasnt up to date after all and its working now.
Thanks anyway
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement