Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaxScript and editable patches?

This topic is 5144 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve tried to look around various references, but I just can''t get this straight. The search feature here seems to be broken too. I''m fiddling around with MaxScript in GMax 1.2, and have come to a problem with exporting editable patches. The number of vertices, patches and edges are always correct, but the amount of vectors seems to be "bogus". If I have one patch, I get: Vertices: 4 Vectors: 12 Patches: 1 Edges: 4 If I create a 4-patch surface (width 2, height 2), I get: Vertices: 9 Vectors: 40 Patches: 4 Edges: 12 When I loop through all vectors and get hold of their vertex index, the ones after the obvious range (8.12 and 24..40 respectively for the examples above) are all -1. I could simply use "edges * 2" or keep track of the greatest vector-index for the correct amount of control points, but these are just hacks. I guess I''m missing something here (are all vectors control points?), and if anybody could help me, you''d spare me a lot of trouble Thanks in advance!