Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extensions

This topic is 5145 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve found Nehe''s tutorial about AntiAliasing and I have problems with initialiazation Multi Sampling. I assume that not all video cards support extensions, so is there any list of cards that do support. My card is GeForce2 MX/MX 400 it''s rather old so I guess it dosen''t support them. ?? Regards.

Nope, a Geforce 2 doesn''t support it. You''ll need at least a Geforce 3 or a Radeon 9500 for multisampling.

For future reference, you might want to download NeHe''s Lesson 24. Even if you don''t care about what it teaches, it''s a nice little utility for finding out what extensions your video card supports.

All cards support some extensions. Your card may just not support that particular extension.

If you want to know more about extensions, Dave Astle wrote an article a while back.

If you want to know which extensions your card supports, call glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) and look at the output. Alternatively, download GLview.
The specifications for all registered extensions can be found here.