Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suddenly I can't set breakpoints in debug mode...

This topic is 5148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi, Since today I suddenly can''t set any breakpoints anymore in my programm (msvc6). Whenever I set them and start the application (with the "go" button), it tells me: one or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled... I am in debug mode and it always worked until now. Do you have an idea what might be the cause? I guess it is a problem in the settings, but I didn''t change anything except in the "link" tab. Even after removing that change it is still the same. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It is usually an indication that what you have breakpointed isn''t what is executed. I''ve had this problem sometimes when debugging DLLs and libraries. I cannot suggest a solution, but try to rethink what is actually going on when you build and run the program, especially what might have changed in this regard since it did work (yesterday?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you think everything is right, and MSVC is just wrong, delete the Release and Debug directories to force a full rebuild. If that doesn''t fix it, make certain you are executing the right .exe. If it''s a dll, I think you have to set the breakpoints after the dll is loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I happened upon the same problem once i used my selfcreated appwizard. The selfcreated appwizard created by the MS Studio appwizard-wizard added release and debug configurations but did not add debug-information to the debug config.

Check your project properties for debug and turn the switch for add debug information. No debug info, no place to set breakpoints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites