C++ or C#

Started by
222 comments, last by GrouchyIssues4 20 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by flangazor
The thread title is misleading. Education is learning what you didn''t know you didn''t know and I still think the OP should learn Scheme first -even though they may never have heard of it before.

Learning how to program shouldn''t be restricted to learning the most marketed languages around -even though they may be useful for certain things.

Even the staunch C# supported hailed Scheme as being wonderful. Please, OP, learn Scheme so we don''t have to answer even more questions about boiler plate code.

I agree completely. If you are learning how to program scheme is quite possibly the best language to learn with.
Advertisement
Due to my bellendianism, I use LISP. I also have a lisp, in my mum.
Thanks for the advice. I had never heard of Scheme before this thread, but I''m going to definately check it out now.
quote:Original post by GrouchyIssues4
Thanks for the advice. I had never heard of Scheme before this thread, but I''m going to definately check it out now.

In case you missed a link in the middle of the thread (for two excellent free online books for learning Scheme):

How to Design Programs
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs <- this is used at MIT for the first year programming module.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement