Is anyone using Jim Adam's Programming Roleplaying Games with Directx?

Started by
13 comments, last by BinhNguyen 20 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by Raloth
I was kind of disappointed with Jim's book. It's the series's fault, not the book's. They all waste 200-300 pages on teaching stuff the readers already know.

Yeah, that was the only place where the book fell down in my review. I didn't need a Brief History of RPGs
But because it was the first game programming book I'd read it was mostly useful to me.

pan narrans | My Website | Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code

[edited by - pan narrans on November 13, 2003 7:00:27 AM]
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Advertisement
quote:Original post by JoeKiller
Does anyone know if there are any plans to launch some kind of NeHe Style DirectX tutorials again? I mean the NeHe OpenGL is great but it would be interesting to have the similar for DirectX. I would love to help with that but I don't think I have enough experience for that...

Check out Drunken Hyena. Excellent site with many NeHe-style DX tutorials.

edit -- can't seem to type this morning.

[edited by - Dave Hunt on November 13, 2003 11:17:52 AM]
Jim Adam''s book was the basic foundation of my game engine. It''s good stuff, especially the mesh animations.

I bought both that book and the Zen book by LaMothe. "Zen" sucks fatty; I donated that sucker to the garbage chute.
Adams helped me figure out how to reorganize my 3d engine. I''ve used a lot of concepts + idea''s from his book it has helped me tremendously.

quote:Original post by Dave Hunt
Check out Drunken Hyena. Excellent site with many NeHe-style DX tutorials.

edit -- can''t seem to type this morning.

[edited by - Dave Hunt on November 13, 2003 11:17:52 AM]

Thanks a lot Dave! Exactly what I was looking for!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement