DirectX problems....

Started by
4 comments, last by vnebojsa 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi to everyone, I have one project written in C++/DX. When I try to run it I got an error. Error: "c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afxv_w32.h(126) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''ddraw.lib'': No such file or directory" In my "Include files" dialog I have this: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\LIB\DDRAW.LIB C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE C:\LIB_SDL\SDL-1.2.5\INCLUDE BTW. I think I dont have DirectX SDK installed. I have installed only Visual C++ 6.0 and MSDN Library. Greetings, Nebo
Best Regards,Nebo VeronReal Command
Advertisement
The include list is a list of directories that have *.h files in them. Theres a library list of directories, this is where you should put your directories that have any *.lib files in. You don''t specify specific *.lib files in here though, you put them in the Link section of your project settings.

---------------------------------------

Let''''s struggle for our dream of Game!

http://andrewporritt.4t.com
I have added this in "Library Files" dialog:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\LIB

In this directory I have ddraw.lib, but there is still the same error!

Nebo
Best Regards,Nebo VeronReal Command
You have to link it. What you have done is just give the compiler another directory it can look into. I can't remember how it was done in VC6 but you should be able to find it in the project options.

Since you think you don't have the DX SDK installed, go download it and install it because the DX which ships with VC98 is very very old.

[edited by - GamerSg on November 12, 2003 6:31:18 AM]
"c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afxv_w32.h(126) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''ddraw.lib'': No such file or directory"
what the hell is that? it looks like afxv_w32.h wants ddraw.lib? is that even possible? probaly if thats the error actualy . . . is that a file that you made? or is it something else?

you probaly should add ddraw.lib to the project. thats the only usefull thing i can say
I just wanna get this done.
if you do have the SDK installed, edit your include list to look like this:

C:\DIRECTXSDK(or whatever the file is called)\INCLUDE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE
C:\LIB_SDL\SDL-1.2.5\INCLUDE

Make sure it is at top
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement