Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS to Java Conversion

This topic is 5145 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/in104/oppgaver/ShowRectangle.html Question 1 on this website The code is in PS but I was trying to do it in Java I can''t figure out ghostscript and don''t have a clue about how to use convertor''s can anyone help me that knows how to use a convertor and send me the file in a .java? my email is shanobi_19@hotmail.com I am really desperate to get this working

Not to be unhelpful (well maybe), but the code is about 20 lines long, just type it out if you can't work out how to do a text extract from ghostscript.

EDIT:

Hmm, on reconsideration maybe you can't open the PostScript at all, don't really see why it is so complicated but nevermind (text).

[edited by - JuNC on November 13, 2003 12:18:26 PM]

i was trying to figure out the code that i needed in it but i just can''t figure out what needs to stay and what doesn''t

all the extra ()''s is confusing me!

i really want to get this done

if anyone could help me, i would be debt forever!

hey JuNC

thanks for that!

i just saw the text that you converted for me

to someone like you that probably isn''t hard. but i couldn''t figure out what all that was saying with the ()''s and Capital letters all in there

this was a big help to me

i really do appreciate it

Guest Anonymous Poster
The problem sounds like you can''t access the postscript (.ps) file correctly. Postscript files are similar to .pdf files. They must be opened in a program such as GSview.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/