Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3D Reconstruction using three vanishing points from a single image

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys.. this message is for maths gurus... I read hundreds documents on the net about : how from an image, retrive 3d information about camera matrix and objects size... 1/2 of the c++ code is done (I can compute all 3 vanishing points realtime from a camera image) I tried an algorithm to compute the angle / position of the camera from 3 vanishings points. but verry bad. this algorithm look very practical and powerfull: http://www.kmutt.ac.th/itc2002/CD/pdf/18_07_45/TP1_OC/2.pdf But I need some maths principes to understant it. I read some documentation on Homogeneous coodinates and catch the principe to convert a 3d point to homogeneous point: x = x/w and y = y/w. more w is near zero, more the 3d point is near zero, but always on the line. So... I need help to understand the principe of his algorithm. Or maybe its possible to use planes, vector, crossProducts, DotProduct, Line-plane intersecrtion and these old good geometry things. tanks. Fantasio