Free script engine

Started by
3 comments, last by BarnyardMessiah 20 years, 5 months ago
I''ve decided to build my own game engine, and I was wondering if there was a free script engine out there. My original solution was to use a friend and fellow graduate''s script engine, but it has no flow control operators in it. You can hack them into it via recursive calls and such, but that seems to be such an unelegent solution. That, and it leaks memory like Valve leaks source code(nudge nudge, wink wink). I''ve searched the resources here, and I can find nothing. This is going to be a freeware game, so someone might hire me, so don''t worry about me making money on your/their/its work. I''m still writting all the low level stuff at the moment (Point classes and resource handlers), so it''ll be a bit before I need it. Thank you in advance
Advertisement
LUA(www.lua.org) might be worth checking out
Yes, I think this will do nicely.
Maybe python is also worth a try. It''s nearly as easy to extend as lua, has IMO a cleaner syntax and comes with a huge number of additional libraries.

In fact, I''ve begun to build binary modules for LUA which can extend its functionality to a broader base.

http://lua.greyearth.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement