• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acrowder

.x files

This topic is 5391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need help in loading a .x file. I need some examples on just loading, and rendering one to the screen preferaby in dx8. I won''t neeed to animate it or anything like that, just display it every frame as fast as possible for framerate purposes. I appreciate your help!

Advertisement
Just look at the sample code in the SDK. I think one of the tutorials shows how to load and render non-animated .x files.

quote:
Original post by amish1234
Just look at the sample code in the SDK. I think one of the tutorials shows how to load and render non-animated .x files.

I agree, the sdk tutorial on loading meshes is pretty simple and straight forward.

You'll find an excellent tutorial here...

http://www.andypike.com/tutorials/directx8/010.asp

Another can be found here...

http://nexe.gamedev.net/tutorials/ViewTutorial.asp?tutorialfile=Pages/Tutorial7.myxml

Good luck!

[edited by - Fatbob on November 14, 2003 2:43:12 PM]

You could check out the d3dfile.cpp and .h in the C:\DXSDK\Samples\C++\Common\Src folder. It shows fairly clearly how to load and render a .x file. You could just use the class or copy and paste the required code?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!