Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IcyMoon

Tokamak and ODE

I use ode. I think its simple, and since the addition of the triangle mesh class for collision detection I find no problems with it. It used to be you had to create complex shapes out of many primitives. I have never tested it in a full game, for speed purposes. Accuracy seems nearly perfect, I have yet to test if a cone shape object would roll in a circle like it does in real life. The way I see how the collison system works I fear somehow it would roll in a straight line. Download the manual for each and just look it over, look over the examples and pick the one that looks the most intuitive(sp?) to you. Im sure they''re both as acurate.

quote:

I use ode. I think its simple, and since the addition of the triangle mesh class for collision detection I find no problems with it. It used to be you had to create complex shapes out of many primitives. I have never tested it in a full game, for speed purposes. Accuracy seems nearly perfect, I have yet to test if a cone shape object would roll in a circle like it does in real life. The way I see how the collison system works I fear somehow it would roll in a straight line. Download the manual for each and just look it over, look over the examples and pick the one that looks the most intuitive(sp?) to you. Im sure they''re both as acurate.

seeing how it works i would say it would roll in a circle. the friction at the contactpoints at the tip will ensure that i think.