• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tokamak and ODE

This topic is 5213 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Search the forum archives. This question comes up quite often. In fact, there was a thread over the past week or so discussing just this.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

Yep, and slowly every one of those threads is just telling the person to search the forum archives.

I use ode. I think its simple, and since the addition of the triangle mesh class for collision detection I find no problems with it. It used to be you had to create complex shapes out of many primitives. I have never tested it in a full game, for speed purposes. Accuracy seems nearly perfect, I have yet to test if a cone shape object would roll in a circle like it does in real life. The way I see how the collison system works I fear somehow it would roll in a straight line. Download the manual for each and just look it over, look over the examples and pick the one that looks the most intuitive(sp?) to you. Im sure they''re both as acurate.

quote:

I use ode. I think its simple, and since the addition of the triangle mesh class for collision detection I find no problems with it. It used to be you had to create complex shapes out of many primitives. I have never tested it in a full game, for speed purposes. Accuracy seems nearly perfect, I have yet to test if a cone shape object would roll in a circle like it does in real life. The way I see how the collison system works I fear somehow it would roll in a straight line. Download the manual for each and just look it over, look over the examples and pick the one that looks the most intuitive(sp?) to you. Im sure they''re both as acurate.

seeing how it works i would say it would roll in a circle. the friction at the contactpoints at the tip will ensure that i think.

I use tokamak and Opcode. Tokamak is built off of Opcode, it doesn''t really matter though. They both work well for me.

• Advertisement