I hate IE even more now (yes, this does have to do with programming)

Started by
27 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years, 5 months ago
Alright, I totall suck at web design and I spent a good hour and a half making this one: Clicky . Look at it with BOTH IE and Mozilla. See the difference? IE fucked it up and got rid of all the table heights, I''ll post pics of them if needed. How can I fix this problem? (All of it is HTML right now, nothing else) *Walks away sadly for asking for HTML help* R.I.P. Mark Osback Solo Pa Mi Gente VG-Force
Advertisement
looks fine to me
I don''t see anything wrong with it. It''s probably just a bug in IE (unsuprisingly). Maybe if you used stylesheets it won''t get screwed up. Also, when I looked at it in IE, the black part of the border turned into a white-ish color.
Did you look at it in both of them?

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force
Were the tables different sizes for you guys?

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force
I don''t see anything wrong with it, but your code is horrible. I wouldn''t be surprised if it didn''t work with what you''ve got.

___       ___       ___       ___       ___       ___       ___       ___      /\  \     /\__\     /\  \     /\  \     /\  \     /\  \     /\  \     /\__\    /::\  \   /:/ _/_   _\:\  \   _\:\  \    \:\  \   /::\  \   /::\  \   /:/ _/_  /::\:\__\ /:/_/\__\ /::::\__\ /::::\__\   /::\__\ /::\:\__\ /::\:\__\ /::-"\__\ \/\:\/__/ \:\/:/  / \::;;/__/ \::;;/__/  /:/\/__/ \;:::/  / \:\:\/  / \;:;-",-"    \/__/   \::/  /   \:\__\    \:\__\    \/__/     |:\/__/   \:\/  /   |:|  |               \/__/     \/__/     \/__/               \|__|     \/__/     \|__|  
quote:Original post by Fuzztrek
I don''t see anything wrong with it, but your code is horrible. I wouldn''t be surprised if it didn''t work with what you''ve got.

My code is horrible??? How dare you say that! To me, it''s very organized and the declarations of everything is made in the same order.

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force
I hate IE about as much as I hate writing HTML, but I''d recommend trying to use strict HTML 4 or even XHTML, don''t worry too much if you can''t get it to conform 100%, but using strict HTML results in code that looks decent in most browsers, even if the occasional bug may mess up tiny differences.

<a href="http://validator.w3.org/">Validate!</a>
this link works

[edited by - cozman on November 14, 2003 5:38:30 PM]
quote:Original post by Ekim_Gram
Look at it with BOTH IE and Mozilla.

Well looks slightly squiffy in IE6, but everything seems to line up nice in Opera.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement