• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Haze

My Defense Game

This topic is 5453 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm making this game in C++ called Defense. You can download the latest version at: http://www.anticure.com/defense And I have also released the source code for version 1.1 here: http://www.anticure.com/defense/CodeRelease110.zip The main idea of the game is to defend your command center from the attacking armies. You use a variety of turrets, airstrikes, and defenses to stop them. I would like some feedback and/or suggestions for my game. Please post your comments! ----[Red Haze]---- [edited by - Red Haze on November 20, 2003 9:30:07 PM]

Advertisement
That game is REALLY REALLY REALLY fun. You MUST have played the Castle shockwave game because it''s very similar.

Major suggestion would obviously be graphics. Other things like a health bar for your command center and a little more weapon variety would be great. Perhaps even allow for purchase of fortifications.

All in all, great game! I''m gonna go give it another go after I eat.

-=Peon=- : A Poorly Implement Forum Bot ------
© Kordova, 2003

Guest Anonymous Poster
castle shockwave

Yeah, I did get a little inspiration from the Castle game at XGenStudios.com

I am currently in the process of upgrading the graphics too, I already got a better explosion and tank for the next release. The health bar on the command center is also a good idea, but my brother already suggested it a day ago =)

----[Red Haze]----

Maybe you could give people a reason to shut off turrets (there was no reason I could see) Maybe it costs power to run them, or a limited supply of ammo. If you go the power supply route, allow for the construction of power generators. You''d be in a lot of trouble if the enemy managed to destroy one of those generators.

Also, how about loading turrets with different ammo? I think it''d be cool to load up turrets with explosive ammo, or maybe some sort of concussive ammo that would knock the enemy backwards. Heck, what about a barracks building that would deploy your own infantry?

I think I''m getting a little ahead of myself now..

-=Peon=- : A Poorly Implement Forum Bot ------
© Kordova, 2003

Actually, the main reason I let you turn off turrets was for testing and debugging purposes...

A lot of your ideas sound pretty good, the infantry idea I might try to implement.

----[Red Haze]----

Well, it looks like a fun game, but unfortunately it runs slower than my patience will put up with. On the map screen it''s fine: 60-70 FPS. Every other screen drops to 6 or 7 FPS. I''d be interested in trying it again if you can get it running at a decent speed. Here''s my specs.

AMD Duron 1.3 ghz
512 MB RAM
GeForce4 Ti 4200
WinXP

It''s enormous ! I think you re better in music than in graphics. The game is fast in my pc: Athlon 1800+ 512RAM Geforce2.

!o)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!