My Defense Game

Started by
36 comments, last by Red Haze 20 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by Kaezin
That level 5 America level is officially impossible.

That''s all I have to say on the matter
The one with just one round? I beat it on my first try. Just be sure to press ''a'' repeatedly and you''ll be fine.
Advertisement
I''ve seen a lot of varied results on the speed on the game, here are what my computers do:

450 Mhz Pentium II, 384 megs RAM, Win 98, Geforce 2, 80 FPS

266 Mhz Pentium II, 98 megs RAM, Win 98, Voodoo 3 2000, 80 FPS

Brand New E-Machine (don''t remember specs), Win XP, 60 FPS

600 Mhz Dual Pentium III, 512 megs RAM, Win 98, ATI Radeon, 60 FPS

350 Mhz, generic graphics card, fails to run game.

As you can see, even the 266 Mhz was able to run at 80 fps. I have also seen one computer (at my school), with XP, that flickered like mad when I tried to play Defense on it.

If you''re having problems, you could try downloading the latest version of DirectX, or the most recent drivers for your video card. Other than that, I don''t think there is much that can be done. The game only uses DirectDraw to render everything.

Another note, all the music are from other games (FFVI, FFVII, Chrono Trigger, ROTT), whereas I drew most of the graphics using MS-Paint, and some using Corel Photo-Paint.

----[Red Haze]----
----[Red Haze]----
Are you sure you''re allowed to use copyrighted material like that? :o

---
shurcool
wwdev
It''s just as "illegal" as downloading songs from iMesh...

And anyway, this project is non-profit, and I''m not too worried about any legal trouble. If need be, I can always remove the songs from the game.

----[Red Haze]----
----[Red Haze]----
quote:Original post by Red Haze
It''s just as "illegal" as downloading songs from iMesh...

And anyway, this project is non-profit, and I''m not too worried about any legal trouble. If need be, I can always remove the songs from the game.

----[Red Haze]----
I concur. For such a low scale non-profit game, I would say there is little legal risk. The worst that could happen is that a cease and desist order is issued, in which case removing the songs would probably be sufficient.

-=Peon=- : A Poorly Implement Forum Bot ------
© Kordova, 2003
Peon
quote:Original post by Peon
I concur. For such a low scale non-profit game, I would say there is little legal risk. The worst that could happen is that a cease and desist order is issued, in which case removing the songs would probably be sufficient.What if they demand to completely stop the distribution? Remember FreeCraft?

As for your games...it''s pretty entertaining, haven''t found any bugs so far. What APIs do you use?

and also...how could you not put GameDev.net in the special thanks!?

For the graphics, I use a library called MasterX, which uses DirectX.

For the sound, I used to use MasterX as well, but the next release will play sound using FMod instead.

I released 1.6 prior to posting on GameDev.net, so they did not make it to the special thanks. They WILL be included in the credits on the next release.

----[Red Haze]----
----[Red Haze]----
I've just released version 1.7! You can download it at the Defense Website

Some new features include better explosion graphics, more sounds, and scrolling levels. You can also visit my official forum to view all the changes since 1.6

I think I'm going to take a break from improvements and start focusing on level-making. I also plan to release extra "music" packs for the game soon.

----[Red Haze]----

[edited by - Red Haze on November 19, 2003 7:54:01 PM]
----[Red Haze]----
Red Haze, I was a little bored and decided to practice my pixelart skill. So I edit your game''s art, and replace them with my own. Here''s the result:

Don''t know if you like it or not
Those look pretty good! Why don''t you e-mail them to me, and I''ll add the tiles to the next release.

----[Red Haze]----
----[Red Haze]----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement