having problems with mdx...

Started by
8 comments, last by xyz 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I''m using VS.NET 2002 with .net framework 1.0. Recently I downloaded the summer SDK update, but when I try to load the tutorials from number 5, I always get this error: Is this related to the fact that I''m using .net frmwrk 1.0? Thanks
Advertisement
yes you need v1.1 of .net to run the summer update samples, you can download it from microsoft
ok, but I can''t use the .net frmwrk sdk 1.1 with VS.NET 2002, right?
oh yes you can
No, you can''t. Why don''t you just recompile the samples using VS.NET 2002?

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by apanjocko
oh yes you can

how?

quote:Original post by Arild Fines
No, you can''t. Why don''t you just recompile the samples using VS.NET 2002?

I did that...

If they''re compiled with 2002, they will run under 1.0. Are you sure you are running the exact executables you built?
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
I just do Rebuild All and then Ctrl-F5...

Plus, isn''t it weird that the error message has this title: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"? and I''m using Visual C#?
Seems you downloaded the summer update sdk pretty early.. it shipped with a bug regarding the managed directx library causing it to time-out after 20 days or something like that. There''s a patch online at microsoft''s directx pages.
no, I downloaded the already updated sdk...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement