Any good design/help_me_remember programs?

Started by
2 comments, last by Aethal 20 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone! I just found these forums the other day and I have to say I''m really excited to have found such a wealth of knowledge at my hot little fingertips. I decided to put that wealth to use and pose this question: Does anyone know of any good programs for modelling out and keeping track of the design of a game concept? I''ve got some concepts floating around in my head and I''d really like to try to tackle one of the smaller ones for some good experience or maybe a portfolio, but I''d really like to find some program I can use to design thoroughly the game before I just leap into the programming. Thanks in advance ~ Nathan
Advertisement
I am under the impression that real Game Designers in the industry use pen/paper and a word processer (ie.: Microsoft Word) for their ideas. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Of course, you can always code your own Design prog.

[edited by - Skeletal on November 15, 2003 12:01:55 PM]
Hehe, as I was washing the dishes this morning, that very thought of writing my own design software came to my mind

Still hoping there''s some sort of something already out there though...but thanks.
Microsoft Visio Pro.

A complete model/design program for all types of applications, database solutions, and even architecture. Complete UML diagram solutions included too with all symbols.

At work we use Visio and Project to design and plan everything out and even come up with a rough timeline. If you have these programs I would recommend them as they are great and really productive!

[edited by - Imperil on November 15, 2003 1:14:23 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement