Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joshu McLean

Newb'ity -- need help improvising.

Hi. I''m new at C/OpenGL, and want to start making stuff. I''ve got the basics downpat (initialising a window, using GL_TRIANGLES), but currently my code structure looks like this (ish.): init mainloop { GL_TRIANGLES GL_TRIANGLES GL_TRIANGLES (ad infinitum.) updatescreen clearbuffer } end I''d like to know if there are easier ways to put my polygons on the screen than typing all of my vertex points over and over again. Apart from being rather messy and tedious to read back over, it sucks hardcoded, and makes the executable rather... large. Thanks -- Joshu.

use a 3d modeling program to create the model, then load the file into arrays. There should be tutorials here for that, but if not check out www.gametutorials.com, they have several model loading examples

i would suggest you that if you are knew to all this stuff you''d better begin with basics,later you get into some modeling software and import stuff.it should be a really good fun with nehe tutorials and you can check out www.gametutorials.com

try search the google for opengl/tutorials/source
or you could visit www.opengl.org,you have tons of tutorials and articles on this subject,but remeber it is very important to understand what is actually going on,and when you do than try to use maximum of others code and do your own specific stuff...

...and visit this forum on regular basics(if you want toa ask something try searching the archives first)

wish you luck