The ideal game industry

Started by
21 comments, last by Impossible 20 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Oh wait, my company already does that!

Do you have a link to "Anonymous Poster Inc." website so I can see some of your great games that beat everything the best in the mainstream have to offer?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
"Mainstream" games suck. And they cost too much. They''re too expensive, have teams 10 times larger than they need to be and take 10 times longer to make than they should. They''re also never any fun to play.

The ideal game industry would see the immediate destruction and banishment of EA, Take Two, Valve, Black Isle, Hasbro, LionHead... all of those so-called "visionaries" churning out these retarded titles.

The ideal game industry would put out fun games that are affordable. It would also be fun to work in.

Oh wait, my company already does that!

EA needs a Microsoft-type solution, where it gets broken up into different companies. Take Two and Black Isle I have no grievances with, mainly because I don''t know what they''ve done. Valve... I have no idea how that even got on your list. And Hasbro... needs a one way trip to hell. And also needs to give back every software title back to Atari (IP, rights, and all). But with the stipulation that Atari won''t pull the same nonsense that Hasbro did.

Ideal game industry... that people can develop for old console systems (for profits) and use that as a stepping stone into getting the industry. Also that people make console with the adequate amount of hardware. More later

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Take Two and Black Isle I have no grievances with, mainly because I don''t know what they''ve done.

Take Two owns Rockstar... So what they''ve published (in recent times) is GTA III, GTA: VC, Max Payne 2, Midnight Club 2, etc. I''d say they''re pretty important in mainstream gaming .

Black Isle on the other hand was responsible for Fallout and Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment. They also worked with Bioware on Baldur''s Gate, but as far as I know Black Isle isn''t really around anymore. He probably meant Bioware, the premiere American (non-MMO)RPG developer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement