• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Syrillix

creating a render texture in d3d9?

This topic is 5483 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im confused, do you create the texture using d3dxCreateTexture then use that textures 0th surface in pdev->createRenderTarget? or do you just create a surface with pdev->CreateRenderTarget? the parameters of d3dxCreateTexture and pdev->CreateRenderTarget seem to overlap one another so i dont get it.. can someone clarify this for me. cheers. Get busy livin'' or get busy dyin''... - Shawshank Redemption If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong? - Unknown Fulcrum

Advertisement
1) Use D3DXCreateRenderToSurface() instead. That creates an ID3DXRenderToSurface interface.

2) The "Water" sample in the SDK demonstrates use of the above.

--
Simon O''Connor
3D Game Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

right... ok so let me get this straight, I create a texture as a render target with d3dxcreatetexture and create a Id3dxRenderToSurface. and when want to render to the texture i pass in the textures surface to id3dxRenderToSurfaces->BeginScene, right?
so does id3dxRenderToSurfaces->BeginScene end up calling device->beginScene ? if so, does that mean that i would have to have 2 seperate begin/end scene calls, one for id3dxRenderToSurface and one for the the rest of the rendering?

another question - does the dx8 way of making a render texture work with dx9?

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'... - Shawshank Redemption
If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong? - Unknown
Fulcrum

[edited by - syrillix on November 15, 2003 10:07:42 PM]

[edited by - syrillix on November 15, 2003 12:33:41 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!