• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone read ShaderX2 volume 2 ?

This topic is 5298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve bought volume 1 and it''s really.......not worth the money,there''s much less content than ShaderX though it''s meant to be an introductory book. Amazon made stupid mistake also, the volume 1 was described as an 500 pages book and it''s 352 pages in fact!!!! Back to topic,I want to hear some reaction from those volume 2 buyers. How''s the content? How''s the demo? Is there many PS/VS 3.0 content? Thanks for any concerning info

Advertisement
If you''ve read the Volume 1 TOC, you should''ve known that it''s fairly basic stuff. It''s meant to be an "introductory" volume, for those new to HLSL.

Volume 2 is the hardcore one
I''ve not bought it. However, I''ve proof-read 3 of its articles - 2 of which where about image processing - and they were great.

Maybe you should look at the TOC, at www.shaderx2.com

Muhammad Haggag

I am not smart enough to go write shaders from stractch myself.. I understand the basic idea.. I am waiting for a gfx engine to do the hard work for me so I can simply plug in shaders on a material and forget about it

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!