• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinkOfTime

Hey all, I have a question about DirectX and VB

This topic is 5306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all My question is whether or not I can load DirectX 3D animation which was created by a 3D program (3D Canvas) to my VB project. Notice that I mean animation and not just a 3D model from that program. Thanks in advance for you help

Advertisement
My guess is, that your format would contain 3d meshes: lots of them, for keyframed animation. right ?

I guess you need vertex positions arranged in some sort of lists, so you could pass it on to the DrawPrimitiveUp procedure.

You might want to use a custom FVF vertex format, so you could store texturecoordinates and normals also.

Not too complicated really.

If you want to learn more about using DirectX from VB,
try this site: www.directx4vb.com

It has tons of tutorials just for VB.

You might also check out my site, to see how a completed 3d engine in VB should look like (of course it still need a lot of work, but it''s a start)

http://nowhere.ini.hu

"Find the path, follow the Master... Follow the master, understand the master... Overcome the master !"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!