Hey all, I have a question about DirectX and VB

Started by
4 comments, last by LinkOfTime 20 years, 5 months ago
Hey all My question is whether or not I can load DirectX 3D animation which was created by a 3D program (3D Canvas) to my VB project. Notice that I mean animation and not just a 3D model from that program. Thanks in advance for you help
Don''t have one, sorry.
Advertisement
yes, create your own file format.

Don''t use X files, they are baaaadd ^^
Thanks for the help but I am kind of new at this, how do I create my own file format?
Don''t have one, sorry.
quote:Don''t use X files, they are baaaadd ^^

And what leads you to this conclusion...? I''m breathlessly awaiting your reasoning, currently MIA.
Donavon KeithleyNo, Inky Death Vole!
TEHY ARE BAD BECUASE TEHY R MICRO$OFT! DUH! Now what format do I use for DirectX in Visual Basic again??

~CGameProgrammer( );

-- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
My guess is, that your format would contain 3d meshes: lots of them, for keyframed animation. right ?

I guess you need vertex positions arranged in some sort of lists, so you could pass it on to the DrawPrimitiveUp procedure.

You might want to use a custom FVF vertex format, so you could store texturecoordinates and normals also.

Not too complicated really.

If you want to learn more about using DirectX from VB,
try this site: www.directx4vb.com

It has tons of tutorials just for VB.

You might also check out my site, to see how a completed 3d engine in VB should look like (of course it still need a lot of work, but it''s a start)

http://nowhere.ini.hu

"Find the path, follow the Master... Follow the master, understand the master... Overcome the master !"
"Find the path, follow the Master... Follow the master, understand the master... Overcome the master !"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement