PHP Help

Started by
5 comments, last by Bloody_Raven 20 years, 5 months ago
Im not new here, just under a new user name. I was wondering where a good place to read about php would be. I have some experience in stuff like c++, q-basic, html, and java. If there is a live chat room I can go to to ask some questions about this please leave it here. The posts on forums and websites arent enough. Ive searched but I cant ask a tutorial a question it doesnt have the answer to. Any replies will be appreciated. o0 / -Bloody_Raven __
o0/ -Bloody_Raven__
Advertisement
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/index.phtml/fid/51/

Try that, it''s excellent. And you can always ask here, you know - general programming forum should work fine.
If you are a programmer, just read through the four first chapters in the manual at: http://www.php.net/manual/en/. That will give a good grasp on how it works, then just skim the function reference so you get an idea of what is available.

PHP is *very* easy, it took me no longer than a day to start using it in production. It is a neit combination of C, Java and Perl.

If you have any specific question, I can''t see why you couldn''t ask it here.
quote:Original post by Bloody_Raven
Im not new here, just under a new user name. I was wondering where a good place to read about php would be. I have some experience in stuff like c++, q-basic, html, and java. If there is a live chat room I can go to to ask some questions about this please leave it here. The posts on forums and websites arent enough. Ive searched but I cant ask a tutorial a question it doesnt have the answer to. Any replies will be appreciated.

o0
/ -Bloody_Raven
__

Go on IRC under irc.freenode.net. There, you will find a good deal of PHP chat rooms. Take your pick.

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com][ Administrator & WebMaster GuLSE]
[Cyberdrek | ]
I''ve used DevShed''s PHP articles for a while. They have various articles ranging from absolute beginner to experienced user, which is nice. Some of them do use older versions of PHP (at least when I was using them), so you may have to check with the PHP manual on some syntax details, but the concepts are good.

Hope that helps.

"Back to the code mines... ka-chink... ka-chink..."
Tachyon Digital - Down for the summer, be back in the fall.
"Back to the code mines... ka-chink... ka-chink..."Tachyon Digital - Down for the summer, be back in the fall.
www.php.net
is also very handy because of its function list.

in case you know german, www.php.de is a good place to seek help.
Also, try the PHP forum at codingforums.com. I visit the site a lot, and it has a lot of ongoing threads about various web building topics, including PHP.

Grant Palin
Grant Palin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement