Game engine layout?

Started by
10 comments, last by olle55 20 years, 5 months ago
i made a wrapper where u call create window in winmain, and declare an init sub and a loop sub,

if thats what u want, u can create one yourself......jus a bit of learnign
Advertisement
Someone already did that. By the way, looking at this from an engine perspective, the four functions Initialize, Deinitialize, Update and Draw would be what a developer using the engine uses to create their game. The framework handles input, initialization, and the main game loop.

If you wanted to create an efficent renderer, you''d put functions in such as DrawRectangle, which users of the engine would call to add a rectangle to an internal scene graph. Once a frame, the engine organizes the scene graph and draws it very quickly. If the users of the engine wanted to load models in their game, you could add functions to the engine which loaded models. The same for texture loading, and a myriad of other options, like physics, map loading, scripting and skeletal animation, to name but a few...

Insert [CENSORED] here.
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement