• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T2k

ATI's RenderMonkey on nVidia Geforce4, will it work ?

This topic is 5205 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive read a bit about this little tool where you can write your shaders test em etc, but before i waste my precious bandwidth and download some 100mb''s i would like to know if it will work on my Geforce4 Ti 4600? i will be happy if it can run under some sort of software emulation or dx8 compatible mode. Or is it a waste of time and bandwidth to download it? what should i download as an alternative with same functionality (the nvidia effect-browser shows some effects but i cant create shaders there, or can i???) T2k

Advertisement
It will work on any decent shader-capable card.
Also, it can run in REF mode, if hardware shaders are not available.

-Nik

Many of the examples won''t work, or won''t work out-of-the box, but it''s pretty trivial to write your own PS1.0-1.3 and VS1.0-1.1 shaders. Some of the examples which use PS1.4 can easily be rewritten as 1.1 or 1.3 pixel shaders.
Apart from that you shouldn''t have any problems.

- JQ

hmm, is there a way to stop RenderMonkey from creating on every start the desktop icon and the startmenu entry (its very disturbing/parasitic)?

T2k

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi, how can I activate the REF mode?
And even if the graphic card (Nvidia FX5700 or so) supports all directx 9.0 functions RenderMonkey (1.5) asks for installing a driver supporting glsl extension. Which driver do I have to use?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!