Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T2k

ATI's RenderMonkey on nVidia Geforce4, will it work ?

ive read a bit about this little tool where you can write your shaders test em etc, but before i waste my precious bandwidth and download some 100mb''s i would like to know if it will work on my Geforce4 Ti 4600? i will be happy if it can run under some sort of software emulation or dx8 compatible mode. Or is it a waste of time and bandwidth to download it? what should i download as an alternative with same functionality (the nvidia effect-browser shows some effects but i cant create shaders there, or can i???) T2k

Many of the examples won''t work, or won''t work out-of-the box, but it''s pretty trivial to write your own PS1.0-1.3 and VS1.0-1.1 shaders. Some of the examples which use PS1.4 can easily be rewritten as 1.1 or 1.3 pixel shaders.
Apart from that you shouldn''t have any problems.

- JQ

hmm, is there a way to stop RenderMonkey from creating on every start the desktop icon and the startmenu entry (its very disturbing/parasitic)?

T2k

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi, how can I activate the REF mode?
And even if the graphic card (Nvidia FX5700 or so) supports all directx 9.0 functions RenderMonkey (1.5) asks for installing a driver supporting glsl extension. Which driver do I have to use?