how to publish..my game????

Started by
18 comments, last by tonymontana 20 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
i find it hard to believe you could be smart enough to make a game this good yet have no idea about the industry.

Why not? Knowledge of 3D graphics does not magically give you knowledge of the business procedures of publishing a game.

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Cipher3D
Viola.

A small stringed instrument? Eh? I think you need this.
quote:Original post by OrangyTang
quote:Original post by Cipher3D
Viola.

A small stringed instrument? Eh? I think you need this.

Thats a Typo, if you just switch 2 letter then you''ll have Voila and I believe you''ll find it it more appropriate

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
quote:Original post by Turt99
Thats a Typo, if you just switch 2 letter then you''ll have Voila and I believe you''ll find it it more appropriate

I know what he intended, but its a worrying trend that lots of americans don''t know the difference. o_O
quite amusing...as I do play the Viola..haha

$5 per copy? quite reasonable...they stiill made a lot of dough from it.

5*3 million ain''t bad guys...thats more than what my mom makes..(40,000 per year) :-D
I eat heart attacks
quote:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post by Turt99
Thats a Typo, if you just switch 2 letter then you'll have Voila and I believe you'll find it it more appropriate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what he intended, but its a worrying trend that lots of americans don't know the difference. o_O

How do you know he is American? This is an international forum. "Its" possible that he's English.

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting

[edited by - dmikesell on November 18, 2003 9:34:13 AM]
A distributor won''t take 70% of the profits, only a publisher will. Theres a big difference between the two.

Thats why, if your game is done and you require no funding, use a distributor.
if i have a funding problem i must find a distrubutor .
but what is the diffrences betwwen the two what the publisher doing more than the distrbutor to take % 70 of the money???

well i have to make it my own way....

okunu hedefinden uzaða atan okçu okunu hedefine atamýyan okçudan baþarýlý deðildir(turkish proverb)

it means the archer who throwed his arrow beyond his target is not succesful more than the one who even didnt reached his arrow to this target....
Essegin Ziki:) bunu bu sitede imza hesabına yazsam kimse anlamaz!!!:)
Ddevelopers make very little of the $44.99. I''m talking $5 or $10 max. This is partly the reason why Valve is implementing Steam, if they can self-publish their games, think of what that means to the industry (and what it means to the publishing industry :D). If Steam breaks though and does successfully (which it wont if they dont fix the bugs), it''ll be interesting to see how many other developers go the same route. By the way, doesn''t that game Savage self-publish their game? They had it on their website for $40 to download it, that''s awesome! So much easier than going to the store and getting all that crap that I usually throw away (box manual etc.).

As for the original poster, there''s a whole bunch of companies that might take on it, realarcade.com...and...., ok I''m drawing a blank, but there''s tons of places that publishes independent games.
Blizzard is also a publisher. Even if it is not a publisher the rates will not be at %70, because Blizzard is a reliable producer( No one can think Blizzard will be unsuccessful) The %70 rates are only to the new established companies which has great possibility of being unsuccessful. The rates will drop with the decrease of risk.

Selam hoca...
be yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement