Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow2

Engine for a game

I would recommend "Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX" by Jimi Adams. The book focuses on programming Role Playing Games, but it gives you a lot of good information regarding the basic structure of a game engine. However, it is very rare to find one source that can lead you from beginning to end in creating an entire game engine. There is so much that has to go into it you will usually have to end up using a bunch of different sources and compiling what you learn into a single project. And remember, everyone does things differently. Just because you read one way of building your engine, that doesnt mean that that is the only way that you can/should do it. The only advice I have for you is to experiment and practice because eventually if you keep with it you should be able to come up with something.

do you know an URL..where they explains how to make engine,I dont need all engine but just a part
In my country I can''t find that book so I have to find something on the internet.

Thanks

The Book Tricks of the 3D game programming gurus(the second part of the Tricks of the Windows game programming gurus by Andrea Lamothe) - is a step by step creation of a software 3D engine - once you go through that it should be rather trivial to build it using direct3D the software part using directDraw7 but its worth takin a look - little price but worth it