Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jx

Camera Blurring

I''m trying to create an effect where the scene starts of blurry and then fades in, kinda like the effect you get in movies when someone is waking up from a blow to the head. can anyone give me a kick in the right direction? some buzzwords to start searching with? thanks jx

Depth-of-field is one application of a jittered scene composited with the accumulation buffer. Of course, so is anti-aliasing, but the theme of all of these tricks is some sort of blurring. Which effect you get just depends on what kind of motion you decide to perform per composited frame.

If there is no motion though... I want the camera and all objects to be static, and the scene to come in from a blurred haze to clarity... (kinda like my DirectX coding )

[edited by - Jx on November 17, 2003 11:19:02 AM]

Well, that''s why I said motion in composited frames. For a particular position you want to render—whether it be one of many in transition or a still scene—you''ll render that many times with a certain amount of variance each time in the position. These renderings go to the accumulation buffer, in such a way that the pixel values are scaled by a certain amount; for instance, if the color value should end up as 1.0 and you''ve decided to do 4 jittered accumulations per frame, then the scaling factor is 1/4. Then that composite is shown as a single frame.