• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crispy

The Creative Contest thread (follow-up)

This topic is 5674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by Crispy
Questions by numbers:

1) Who''s participating/not participating
2) Do you have a script?
3) How long do you project your demo to be?
4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)?
5) Have you started yet?

1) Hoping to, started writing up some code from scratch for it. So far Ive got a window opening, rendering a black screen with the framerate printed on it
2) Not as yet, but Im hard at work on it
3) no idea
4) Quite possible using extensions, the minimum Im aiming for will be a GF1, though will have a few different codepaths for different lines of hardware.
5) Sorta

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by _DarkWIng_
"work in progress" :

Demo size(compressed) will be about 7-10mb

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

Nice - that's pretty slick the way you only posted mini-thumbnails of your screenshots . Looks nice, though. Again, dependin on what they'll be judging, you're either a definite winner or "just another Joe Average" . I'll try to challenge you, though, but I can already tell I'll be pressing on totally different concepts than those seen in your screenshots. Just out of interest: how large is the geometrical data file (I'm presuming you're using some standard model format, most likely 3ds to store the geometry)? As for effects - so far I can only make out reflection and refraction/normal mapping - dunno if the lighting in lightmap-based or dynamic/per-pixel). Anyway - please don't try too hard .

I'd post a screenshot of my own, but, uh oh, I don't feel like it . Actually, I so far only have one almost finished scene.

PS - how large will it approximately be when uncompressed?

stravur: I didn't see anything about that in the rules...

Anyway, I'm hoping to see everyone here enter!

[edited by - crispy on November 21, 2003 3:26:10 PM]

1. Well I''m definately entering this one
2. No
3. Infinite time
4. Anything that supports hell ammounts of cube mapping will be fine
5. Duh, of course

I''ll probably chuck all my source code on. I''m using my engine to do it but hey, I dont care . All I can say is _DarkWing_ watch out

Guest Anonymous Poster
So does darkwing just have a kickin awesome model file or does he have actual programming skills?

1) I''m in!
2) Not yet. I''m planning to get the effects done first.
3) ~2-3min, I guess...
4) Yes, but I''ll stick to ARB extensions and I will also have a fallback path so that everything that supports OpenGL 1.1 will be able to run it.
5) Yes, I have been coding for about a week now.

~nz

// Website // Google // GameDev // NeHe // MSDN // OpenGL Extensions //

quote:
Original post by Dredge-Master
it''s still something

something with music, more than my something with no music.

Actually, as of right now, the music makes it substantially worse

1) i will, if i can get my engine upto a reasonable state by december...
2) i will be using my 3D environment engine (no, not a game engine)

3) i''d estimate about 1-5 mins

4) yes, i will probly be using multi texturing, and maybe VBOs; minimum CPU would be about 1ghz, but i would recommend 1.8 (i am going to be doing some intense collision/physics/cloth simulation, etc; video card... well; i will add different detail options, so it should work on anything; from TNT, to FX 5950

5) i''ve been working on my engine for a while, but the actual demo; no, i dont even know what i''ll be doing in it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!