• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crispy

The Creative Contest thread (follow-up)

This topic is 5670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
quote:
Original post by Dredge-Master
it''s still something

something with music, more than my something with no music.

Actually, as of right now, the music makes it substantially worse

In that case I guess I can beat someone in this thing

Advertisement
Im not showing you guys anything
(mainly because ive only just decided what to make instead, and am still working on the theories for it...)

quote:
Original post by Crispy
Heh - I think I know who stole the HL2 source

I know your joking but to be fair: I made the model with a friend about a year ago. I skinned it then. I reskinned some of it yesterday, I completely animated it yesterday, and did the terrain yesterday.. so, er, no. No HL2 in there

| - Project-X - On hold (kindof ).. - | - adDeath - | - my windows XP theme - | - email me - |

1)I am!
2)Sort of, still working on it Of course a script requires advanced planning - way too much for me!
3)Several minutes long - perhaps as long as 10 or so - my first thing requires 30 seconds and the main demo hasn''t even started yet!
4)Yes, but I will have a backup, min will probably be a gforce
5)Yep - done a room and full particle engine flames and font + init dialog for antialiasing and anisotropy as well as resolution and bits. There''s also a manual camera in there as well!

the first thing I looked for in your screenshot was for typos

BTW - since you are from over here, don''t forget to put some words like "colour" and "gaol" in there.

quote:
Original post by Crispy
Questions by numbers:

1) Who''s participating/not participating
2) Do you have a script?
3) How long do you project your demo to be?
4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)?
5) Have you started yet?

1. Yes, hope so.
2. Yes
3. 2 minutes
4. Yes. I''ll be using my engine, which supports all the cool extensions like multitexturing, projective texturing, VBOs, PointSprites, etc. of a Geforce4ti and will have around 100.000 visible faces.
5. Yes

-----------------------------
Amma

quote:

1) Who''s participating/not participating
2) Do you have a script?
3) How long do you project your demo to be?
4) Will you be using extensions (what will the minimum card/CPU be it will run on)?
5) Have you started yet?

1) I hope I have enough time to finish!
2) Hmm... Not really... All the ideas are kinda floating around in my head..
3) Have no idea..
4) Maybe, probably nothing more than multitexture, but I''ll definitely have fallbacks if I do use extensions.
5) Kind of.. Working on getting a window opened ... Started all from scratch writing a new engine. Borrowed a few ideas from OGRE ..

Don''t have any screenshots yet, sorry, but once I have a little something, perhaps I''ll post it..

Seems like there''s gonna be a rough competition!

Good luck everyone!

quote:
Original post by Dredge-Master
the first thing I looked for in your screenshot was for typos

BTW - since you are from over here, don''t forget to put some words like "colour" and "gaol" in there.

lol, typos? Me? Never.
I should write something like "This is a gaol of colourful honour ... Look - there''s an aeroplane!"
I''ve got to get revenge sometime for all of those glColors, It''s sickening to type each one!
I think I might end up putting in at least a slider in the opening dialog for "visual quality". I mean, I can''t have half the people not be able to see the demo . . . even though I really would like to see it with cool pixel shading!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!