Foundations of Fate - Demo Release

Started by
13 comments, last by atcdevil 20 years ago
I've been working on this since a little after I joined these boards... It's an RPG similar to older Final Fantasies... Foundations of Fate Download Feedback appreciated (especially bug reports), but please don't be too harsh... - Andrew EDIT: Screenshots... Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3 [Edited by - atcdevil on June 16, 2004 7:45:13 PM]
Advertisement
A few things (I haven''t downloaded it yet)
1. I like the site, some screenshots/info on the front page would be nice.

2. Offer a no sound package and I bet you''ll get MANY more downloads

3. Try to get some type of counter to see how many people download if you don''t believe #2

4. "...but please don''t be too harsh." That''s like asking for water in a desert here.
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
you are expectin that everyone that will play the game will have MSVS.NET?
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
No.... Why?

The dlls needed should be installed...

Can you tell me what happened?

[edited by - atcdevil on November 18, 2003 8:25:53 AM]
Did anyone have a chance to download it / get it to work / play it?
Someone else on another message board was more descriptive of the problem, and the missing dll is now included.
I haven''t gotten to play it yet, but I''d like to just say that it looks cool. I don''t think it would be a big hit commercially because of the graphics, however, for a non-professional, it looks pretty good. How do you take screen shots like that? I''d like to do it for my own game, when it actually gets going.

official Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
____________________________________________________________unofficial Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
I usually never bother to download games like this, but I was pretty bored. And I was suprised, the game is very well made with many details included
I think you guys will be able to make really good games in the future. The inventory was a bit confusing though. Blinking buttons is pretty annoying. And the graphic is..not very good. But don''t let it frighten you, try downloading it.

Nice work guys!
In Windows hit the print screen key

The image will then be on the clipboard, and you can copy and paste into MS pain or whatever
Nice demo! I got all the way through it and I wanted more. I would suggest a few things...
1. Make your dialogues a little smoother. Let me press a button to display the whole text box at once. Also let me click through the dialogues a little faster.
2. Do some testing and set and set switches to tell the game I already did something. I got potions from the artist in town a couple of times; can I get unlimited potions from him?
3. Make the battle system menus a little more flashy and make the battle interface a little smoother. Try letting the players make his choices then wait to execute rather than making them wait to choose an action.
4. Clean the graphics up a bit.

Great demo, though. Just clean up some of your interfaces and I''d play more.
______________________________________________________________ "We shouldn't punish Victor for bringing Sparky back to life."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement